Join shark expert and wildlife photographer, Chris Fallows to experience this wildlife spectacle from a ringside seat. Chris Fallows’ expertise behind the camera and knowledge of apex predators will spice up your Sardine Run dive.
This is marine wildlife watching at its most spectacular - a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of something that many of the world’s top marine biologists, wildlife photographer and filmmakers consider the most intense and spectacular marine wildlife event in the world. Guests can either view from the boat, snorkel on the ocean surface or do a Sardine Run dive beneath the waves with scuba gear.
Please note: Bait balls are rare and we cannot expect to dive on these every day.
A 20-30cm silver fish, with a bluish colour on top. Distinguishable by the row of 10-15 black spots on the flanks. These fish form vast shoals off the Agulhas Banks.
Predator Caravan (inter alia):
- Copper sharks, Carcharhinus brachyurus
- Spotted ragged tooth shark, Carcharias Taurus
- Black tip sharks, Carcharhinus limbatus
- Dusky sharks, Carcharhinus obscurus
- Common Dolphin, Delphinus capensis
- Indian Ocean Bottlenose dolphin, Tursiops aduncus
- Killer whale, Orcinus orca
- Bryde’s whale, Balaenoptera edini
- Cape fur seal, Arctocephalus pusillus
- Cape Gannet, Morus capensis
- Petrels and Shearwaters,
- Blackbrowed Albatross, Diomedea melanophrisAfrican penguin, Shpenicus demersus
- Subject to animal activity.
- End May, June and July
- Surface – 20 metres in water column 50 – +100 metres
- Surface drift dive
- Snorkelling / scuba/ Nitrox/ re-breathers
- Boat based viewing opportunities available for non-divers
- Old Transkei Coast and East London 6 – 30m / 20 – 100 ft Average 12 meters / 50 ft
- June - July 15 – 22C 5mm wetsuit or dry suit advised
- Non-direct international flights into East London
Accommodation is subject to animal activity during the Sardine Run in South Africa. Accommodation is set to be in East London in a four-star guest house, but final confirmation on accommodation will only be set the week before client arrival.
Costs – Seven nights eight days:
- R 26,000 per person sharing, this price includes:
- Six boating days (weather permitting) with packed boat lunches.
- Seven night’s accommodation sharing including breakfast.
- Daily transfers to and from the launch site.
- Return airport – hotel transfers.
- Sardine Run dive guide.
- Weather affected day’s activities - R 650 per person refund on "no launch days"
- Air fills, cylinder and weight belt.
- Flights in and out of East London
- Dive gear hire
- Sardine Run South Africa Merchandise
- Dinners and soft drinks
- Arrive 2 June
- Boating days: Six boating days
- 06h30 - 07h30 Breakfast
- 07h30 - 07h45 Guests collected from hotels, transferred down to launch site.
- 07h30 - 08h30 Guests kit up, boat launch (river or beach, tide dependant).
- 14h00 - 15h00 Boats return home
- 18h00 - Evenings at leisure.
- Depart 9 June
Booking Terms and Conditions:
Credit card details are required to secure your booking. A 50% deposit is payable to Apex Shark Expeditions by the 15 January 2013. This deposit is payable per person and is non-refundable as well as non-transferable. The outstanding balance is to be settled 60 days prior to the due date of arrival.
Any additional expenses are to be settled prior to the guest’s departure.
No credits will be given for cancellations beyond our control.
All the above is applicable unless agreed otherwise by both parties.
Terms of Payment:
The quoted prices are for cash payments. All credit card payments carry a 2.5% administration fee. Visa and Mastercard only.
Wire transfer payments are required to clear into the Apex Shark Expeditions account at the invoiced amount.
|Before 15 January||no cancellation fee|
|After 15 January||50% of the fee|
|Less than 60 days before start date||100% of the fee|
|48 hours before the start date||100% of the fee|
|No Show||100% of the fee|
Don’t miss the opportunity of lifetime. Book your spot on the world-famous Sardine Run now.