- ZAR 42 160.00 per person sharing.
– Land transport from Cape Town airport to Simon’s Town, from Simon’s Town to Gansbaai, from Gansbaai to Mossel Bay, from Mossel Bay to Plettenberg Bay, from Plettenberg Bay to Mossel Bay, and from Mossel Bay to Cape Town airport.
– 6 night's accommodation.
– Course in biology, ethology and ecology of sharks presented by Professor Alessandro De Maddalena,
– 7 trips (weather permitting) from False Bay, Gansbaai and Mossel Bay to observe Great White sharks (and possibly other species of sharks) and to cage dive (snorkelling) or to witness the Great White shark's breaching behaviour.
– Wetsuit, hood, booties, mask and weight belt.
– Possibilities to observe other marine animals: Cape fur seal, Southern Right Whale, Brydes Whale, Humpback Whale, Long-Beaked Common Dolphin, Bottlenose Dolphin, Ocean Sunfish, Chacma Baboon, African Penguin.
– Sandwiches and soft drinks on board as well as breakfast on early morning sea trips.
- Transfers to cage dive operations and restaurants.
- Transfers not pertaining to the expedition.
- Undersuit (suggested).
Number of participants
- We need a minimum of 6 guests for this trip to depart and a maximum of 11.
Bad weather days
- Where a shark trip has to be cancelled due to bad weather, there will be no refund, and a half day excursion will be arranged at either Cape Point Nature Reserve, Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden, Cape Town,or Table Mountain.
- Sightings of sharks are not guaranteed. The expedition takes place during the peak season for White shark predation on seals in the area. However we are witnessing a dramatic decline in shark numbers off the South African coast, due to fishing activities. The Blue and Mako shark trip off Cape Point can only be operated in perfect weather conditions.
Booking and cancellation
- A 50% non-refundable deposit via wire transfer upon booking with balance due 120 days before the start of the expedition.
- Less than 120 days before start date:100% of the fee.
- No show: 100% of the fee.